It’s true that there are lots of ways to effectively treat high blood pressure but it is also true that what is best for one person depends on other factors. You have to consider what’s causing your hypertension, and you should find out from your doctor if you have any particular risk factors, such as diabetes or kidney problems. Here are some high blood pressure remedies that you might find helpful in lowering your blood pressure. If you ignore this problem it can domino into other terrible health problems later.
One way to lower your blood pressure is to lose weight. There is an increased risk of high blood pressure and heart disease in people who are overweight or obese.
There are some diets that can help with this and some are better than others but you need to get exercise as well so that you can burn off the calories that you want to lose. When you go on a diet it is vital that you focus both on portion size and the healthfulness of your foods. While losing weight and getting more exercise can help you lower your blood pressure sometimes medication is also needed, especially if the level was extraordinarily high. Omega-3 and other healthy fatty acids are very important in the lowering of blood pressure and the risks of heart disease. That’s why taking fish oil and other healthy oils, including flax, olive, coconut and cranberry oils can all be very healthy and reduce blood pressure. People who take fish oil supplements should make sure that the fish used in those supplements were from clean and healthy waters which is becoming harder and harder to do all the time. This is why some people want to get their healthy fats from other supplements or sources but it is still possible to get some sort of healthy fish oil supplement too. Getting enough healthy fats is a good and easy way to lower your blood pressure and your cholesterol levels.
Resveratrol is a treatment for high blood pressure that has become very popular in recent years. You can find this in wine, grapes and blueberries. It is true that scientists believe that drinking a glass of wine each day can really help your health but you need to remember that alcohol is only helpful when it is taken in small doses – large quantities of alcohol is actually harmful: it can raise your blood pressure and damage your liver. There are some people who are prone to alcoholism and if you are one of them you should avoid all alcohol. You can find many resveratrol supplements on the market today, and you may find this is the simplest way to make sure you are getting this nutrient regularly. Resveratrol can be a healthy part of your of your efforts to reduce your blood pressure. In summary, high blood pressure is a potentially lethal condition that can have many causes. Of course, because it is usually caused by personal choices and lifestyle issues, it is often controlled and treated with natural methods like getting enough exercise while taking certain supplements. This article has outlined some of the remedies you can use to treat your hypertension. In the long run, however, your blood pressure and overall health is largely the result of choices you make every day.
High Blood Pressure
By Sharon Hopkins
Poor diet, lack of exercise, intense weight training and some simple activities like public speaking can make your blood pressure jump. The cause for concern arises if it goes up and remains up. It is one of the most important indicator of cardiovascular problems after the age of 65 and hence, it needs to be treated. So if you are suffering from high blood pressure, it is vital that you should be under constant medical supervision. But there is no need to worry. You can take care of this problem without using drugs by making simple diet and lifestyle changes. Go for regular exercise, stop smoking, manage stress and change your diet to reduce alcohol, fat and salt intake.
You can also follow the following home remedies to treat your blood pressure problems:
• Eat celery: Since centuries, people have used celery and its oil to cure blood pressure. It contains a compound which lowers blood pressure by relaxing the muscles lining the arteries. This allows the muscles that regulate the blood pressure to dilate. Just by eating 4 celery stalks a day, you can enjoy the potent benefits of this vegetable.
• Consume garlic: You can easily lower blood pressure by eating just one clove of garlic a day. You can eat the clove either raw or in capsule form. Besides it also helps to lower cholesterol and triglycerides.
• Talk softly: It has been shown that talking loudly and rapidly, increases your blood pressure during a normal conversation. But if you do this during angry conversations — when you are at your emotional best, the pressure can shoot up still higher. This spikes the blood pressure and if chronic, puts you at the risk of coronary heart disease. However, speaking softly and slowly even when you are angry will eliminate the stress on your cardiovascular system.
• Speak the truth: Always speak the truth. Lying has been shown to spike blood pressure since it takes a lot of brain-effort to lie. The more you lie, the more you are stressed and the higher your blood pressure shoots.
• Go for aerobic not isometric exercise: Though exercise has been shown to lower the blood pressure, it is important for you to choose the right one. In isometric exercises, where you clench and hold like weight training, should be avoided. This is because holding your breath while lifting causes your blood pressure to go up temporarily. Choose aerobic exercises in place of isometric exercises.
• Laughter is the best medicine: To relax yourself completely, choose laughter. When you laugh, your adrenaline and cortisone levels go down, since these are the main compounds which have an adverse reaction on the blood pressure. It is the cheapest therapy that has benefited everyone greatly but more so, the people who are angry, frustrated or unhappy.
About the Author: Sharon Hopkins has been managing a number of natural remedies websites which have information on common ailments likeHigh Blood Pressure. Natural cure for high blood pressure includes eating celery,garlic,laughing etc
Ways to Distinguish Signs of Hypertension
It is true that high blood pressure is sometimes referred to as ‘the silent killer’ (because there are very few real symptoms for it), it is also true that there are some warning signs that you need to begin monitoring your blood pressure. It is easy enough to check your blood pressure and it is something everyone should do even if you do not have any present symptoms. Here are some symptoms, risk factors and potential signs of high blood pressure.
Getting frequent headaches is a symptom that has long been associated with high blood pressure, but in many cases there is no connection between hypertension and headaches. If you have headaches from high blood pressure and then find your vision becoming blurred, you may find your hypertension has reached dangerous levels and your eyes have been damaged. However, those with hypertension are not more likely to have headaches. Most with hypertension find that they do not experience headaches at a rate different than the average person. Your doctor can help you determine if your frequent headaches are due to high blood pressure, but don’t assume that no headaches means you are fine.
Blurred vision is a potentially serious symptom of high blood pressure, as it can mean that you have kidney problems or diabetes. In addition to getting your blood pressure checked, it’s also a good idea to get your eyes examined regularly. Naturally it is important to be on the alert for eye and vision problems that you might be suffering from but sometimes an eye exam can let you know if there are other health problems too. It is incredibly important, if you are suffering from blurry vision, to have your eyes and your blood pressure checked as soon as you can. This is a symptom that shouldn’t be overlooked or ignored because it could be an indicator that your blood pressure level is too high.
One possible symptom of high blood pressure is tinnitus, or a ringing in the ears. There are lots of different forms of tinnitus and it can be caused by lots of things that are not high blood pressure. If you have a persistent case of tinnitus, you should have it checked by your doctor, as it may indicate high blood pressure or another disorder. Most of the time tinnitus isn’t caused or related to anything in particular and there are lots of different treatments that can be done which is incredibly annoying. However, it’s important to make sure your tinnitus isn’t being caused by high blood pressure, as this needs to be controlled as soon as possible.
To sum up, if you ignore your high blood pressure, it is likely that you will develop life threatening health issues. If caught early enough, high blood pressure is easily treatable. High blood pressure is one of the leading causes of health problems worldwide, and hopefully these symptoms will help you detect it early.